With greenwalls growing in popularity by the day, there is a lot of buzz around how beautiful they look and that they are great for the environment, however, when planted and installed correctly the benefits go far beyond looks.
The five reasons we believe every home should have a living greenwall, with ‘living’ being the key word, include:
- Low in maintenance – The wall can be left to grow out and can be maintained a couple times a year, depending on the look you are after.
- Improved air quality – Greenwalls are a natural air-filter. The plants in the greenwall help metabolise toxins in the air, while at the same time releasing oxygen into the air but at a much larger scale than the regular potted plants.
- Noise level reduction – When placed inside, greenwalls can help reduce noise levels. The plants in the greenwall block high frequency sounds and the structure it is built on can help reduce low frequency noise.
- Energy cost reduction – In the warmer months, greenwalls help cool the air through the process of evapotranspiration, which lessens the use of the air conditioner.
- Water saving – We have created our own unique automated irrigation system, which is built into each of our installations. Over a 12-month period, a standard panel will only require the equivalent of 4.5 showers worth of water to maintain the wall.
Now is the best time of year to get your greenwall installed and flourishing – check out some of our designs here.